Understanding BILSTEIN Warranty Procedures and Policy
BILSTEIN is committed to offering the highest quality suspension systems, along with that priority comes ethical warranty service. Here’s a rundown of our 3-tiered warranty basics.
At BILSTEIN we strive to create suspension solutions not only to challenge the technology of today, but to endure the trials of tomorrow. We engineer our applications to be top of their field in direct-fitment, consistency and reliability. We stand by our shocks, and understand that warranty questions inevitably arise as customers help us to improve our own quality standards.
When a customer comes to you with a question about a challenge they are having with a BILSTEIN product, it is important to be acquainted with the process flow and policy for serving the applicable warranty.
The BILSTEIN warranty structure is divided in three durations – reflecting the typical usage of the individual product. Rare for the performance automotive industry, BILSTEIN offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser that our product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the damper. This Limited Lifetime Warranty extends to the following lines:
- B4 OE Replacement
- B6 / B6 Performance / B6 4600
- B8 Performance Plus
- B12 Series
- B14 (PSS)
- B16 (PSS9 & PSS10)
- B8 5100 / B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) / B8 5112 / B8 6112
OE applications outside the conventional gas-pressure shock absorber include the B4 OE Replacement (Air) and Steering Racks. These unique products fall under a Limited 2-year Warranty with the same terms as our Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The final category to diagnose warranty claims concerns our line of motorsports products. Designed for performance driving and track
use, off-road racing and the most demanding driving conditions, these series are covered by a Limited 90-day Warranty. Unlike the lifetime and 2-year warrantied products which must be returned to the original place of purchase for evaluation, 90-day warrantied motorsports products are to be returned to:
thyssenkrupp BILSTEIN of America
14102 Stowe Drive
Poway, California, 92064
Exceptions exist to all instances of warranties and include:
- Original equipment shock absorbers (vehicle manufacturer warranty)
- Improper installation
- Racing, driving competition or off-road use
- Modified use or other than BILSTEIN recommended vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
- Bent or broken Rods showing abuse or abnormal wear
- Surface finish
- Boot or mounting hardware
- Rubber bushings
- Labor charges
- Aftermarket modifications to BILSTEIN products (springs, top hats etc.)
- Proof of purchase is required to process all warranties
- If possible check the suspect shock/strut for possible failure using the directions listed below
- If the shock/strut assembly qualifies as defective return it to your place of purchase accompanied by a copy of the proof of purchase. Include all contact information including a description of the problem/failure
*Please Note: Unless otherwise instructed by BILSTEIN personnel, please return the product in question to your original place of purchase for warranty processing. If this is not possible, please download theWarrenty Evaluation Form below and send directly to BILSTEIN.
For additional information about our warranty, please contact our Warranty Hotline by phone at 1(800) 370-9522 or email warranty@bilsteinUS.com.